Thursday, 21 February 2008
Professional Video Conferencing On Your Desktop
As the trend in professional video conferencing moves to include more desktop and small office / remote office video, Aethra's new video-phone is an excellent audio, video and data solution.
Primarily aimed at small to medium sized businesses Aethra's new Maia XC is an all-in-one solution, a complete and reliable tool that will increase productivity and collaboration throughout the enterprise. Aethra have combined professional video conferencing features with IP telephony. Furthermore, capabilities including Web browser, e-mail, instant messaging and image viewer deliver all-inclusive functionality.
The Maia XC supports POTS, SIP and H.323 protocols. Video input is sourced by a built-in camera, with manual focus and automatic white balance, using a 1/4" CCD sensor to capture business-quality 30 fps video. This is displayed on a 7-inch LCD screen ensuring crisp, clear streamed images. This device fully conforms to the H.323 and SIP international standards with transmission rates up to 768 kbps over IP.
The Maia XC can be used as a standard home phone as well as in the work place. It delivers cost saving IP telephony thanks to easy integration into existing hosted services and IP PBX platforms, as well as for high-quality professional video communication.
Liam Fahy of Videnda Distribution, Ireland?s exclusive Aethra distributor noted: "The Maia XC offers maximum connectivity and flexibility and Aethra always deliver high performance at a great price. This phone is perfect for the executive desktop of today; bags of features, great audio and picture quality make it incredibly versatile"
The Maia XC has already been recognised by leading industry newsletter, Video Conferencing Insight, judged among the ten best videoconferencing endpoints of 2007 www.vcinsight.com
- Adaptable: IP phone videoconferencing, web browser e-mail client, photo viewer, TV screen connection also available
- Supports POTS, SIP and H.323 protocols
- Address book dialling
- Provides IP telephony capabilities with IP-PBX integration
- Internet browser for www pages, e-mail client and multi-protocol instant messaging for type-text communication
- Photo Viewer to manage multiple type of graphics format and simple file manager
- 7" LCD video display for private discussions with top-quality images from any visual angle
- Customizable Graphic User Interface: Choose layouts and colours among various alternatives